What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
Our Mission Statement
Our District schools will provide a positive environment which promotes better learning, a strong self-esteem, develop capable and responsible students, and nurture creative thinking. The chief purpose of this school is to help students develop the necessary intellectual skills to participate in a democratic society.
California State Standards
Read or download curriculum standards.
2013-2014 School Calendar available online
Download the CUSD 2013-2014 Calendar (pdf)
Piute Mountain School has water levels of Fluoride above the Drinking Water Standard. Although this is not an emergency, you have a right to know what you should do, what happened, and what we are doing to correct this situation. Download and read the full report (pdf).
School Delay / Snow Policy:
1. Bakersfield Broadcasting System (radio and television) will have the information for the district between 6:00 and 8:00 am.
2. A 2 hour delay may be changed to "School Closed" if conditions do not improve. Keep the radio or television on for further updates. For this reason, students may not be dropped off at the school until 10:00 am.
3. If telephones are working, every effort will be made to have the Online School System call you. Often the Online School System will encounter "no answer", and answering machine, busy signal for extended periods, phone numbers no longer working, no phone, or have requested the district office not release your telephone number. Please be aware that the phone number that the computer-generated Online School System message uses will not look familiar. Whenever inclement weather makes you doubt if school will be held, call your student's school, or the district office and listen to the radio.
4. At times bad weather sets in rapidly and it will be necessary to send students home early. Every effort will be made to provide bus transportation. In the case that it isn't safe to transport by bus, your student must be picked up. The district office and the Online School System will be calling with that information. Practice with your child what they are to do if the office cannot contact you, and let your child's school know your procedure.
5. At times there will be school, but NO BUS service due to weather conditions. This decision must be made 1 1/2 hours before school, and conditions could change enough to allow school to be held, but too late to make a bus run.
6. Even if your student walks to school, please keep in mind that the teachers and staff members must be able to arrive safely to school. The district has both the student's and the staff's safety to consider.
Reminder about Students with Fevers
News & Events
We have recently added a link for U-PLANit to our links bar on the left hand side of our page! U-PLANit is a site to help you check out colleges, watch career videos, find out how much it really costs to live on your own, and more. Check it out today and start planning for your (or your kids') future!
October PTC Meeting TBD
Ready to Get Involved?
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Any question? Contact our PTC President @ 867-2301
Caliente Union School District celebrated our fall festival on Friday, October 29th at Piute Mountain School. We had games for the kids, trick or treating, and a bbq hotdog lunch. Everyone had a great time.
The Caliente Union School District Currently has no open positions for the 2013 - 2014 School Year. Applications are always accepted.
Using the Employment Tab at left you may access a certificated employment application or you may call the District Office at 661 867-2301 to request an application.
You may mail your resume' to
12400 Caliente Creek Road, Caliente, CA 93518
fax applications to 661 867-6902.